Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: P Q E

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad you change the pictures at the top of the page, Alex, it's nice to see different things up there.

    So what does P Q E mean? Tell us the story!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 27, 2003 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Corey ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex these frames are dazzling!!! I can't believe what you've accomplished on super 8! My hat is off to you..

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, are those from that alphabet thing I vaguely remember you talking about? I can't believe that's super 8, that's amazing.

    Very very nice job.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 27, 2003 01:55 AM: Message edited by: Corey ]</font>

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Guys. Don't tell anyone, but they were shot with Ektachrome Super-8! [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mikey B, the stills probably look more impressive than the actual edited master. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm looking forward to the dvd version, with the special features, like the "HBO First Look" on the making of the Alphabet song!

  7. #7
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    haha.

    Actually, it would make an interesting albeit short behind the scenes. Did you know that when I shot the Alphabet song I used a digital frame counter (gasp, he said digital!) and I counted each and every film frame from zero to 3,400. I only shot the exact amount of frames for each letter that would match the song's use of that letter, then I would move on to the next letter.

    Because I was doing time-exposure, each frame took anywhere from 5-15 seconds to shoot, hence, it took me close to 50 hours over 10 different nights to shoot one cartridge of super-8 film!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How did you do that, Alex? Maybe I'll search through the old posts to find something. That's really cool.

    I'm looking forward to the dvd version, with the special features, like the "HBO First Look" on the making of the Alphabet song!
    <font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">Are you really selling DVDs? I'd like to see it!

    Corey

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:52 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>

    Original message reinserted by the moderator to keep the topic thread intact.

    Posted By: cameraguy

    Message:

    Originally posted by Corey:
    How did you do that, Alex? Maybe I'll search through the old posts to find something. That's really cool.

    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">I'm guessing this awesome looking stuff was shot with his Eumig cameras using time exposures.

    One of these days I'll have to try some time exposure stuff with my Bolex.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What model would that be?

    I'm inspired to try some of this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •